If you are a PC gamer, you definitely know about steam. But in case you don’t, steam is an online platform from where you can buy games (especially PC games). It is very popular because of the sales and the discounted price of games. In steam, you get too many awesome features and one of them is you can take a screenshot of your gameplay while playing it. So, everyone takes screenshots of their games but the real problem occurs when the can’t find them. That why today I am gonna discuss how to find/access steam screenshot folder and change it according to your wish.
How to find and access steam screenshot folder?
It’s very simple to find the screenshots you have taken while playing games in steam. There are two methods to find them.
In the first method, you can find them in steam and the best part of this method is screenshots are categorized according to the game names.
Find the screenshots in steam-
In this method, you can see your all screenshots in your steam account divided according to different games. So, don’t worry if you can’t find steam screenshot folder and try this step.
To find your screenshots-
- First, open your steam account and log in.
- Hover your mouse cursor on view option in the upper left corner of your account.
- Then click on screenshots.
- After that hit the show on folder option.
- Select the game name and the screenshots will change accordingly.
- That’s all you have to do:)
This is the best and the easiest method to see screenshots quickly.
Finding your steam screenshots in your C drive-
Though the method 1 is very easy, in some cases it doesn’t work. But this 2nd method works always as my personal experience.
In this method, we can find the screenshots taken while gaming directly from the hard disk, means you don’t need to open steam.
But before doing applying this method you should know the steam id and app id your steam account. If you know this then it’s ok but if you don’t know, do this-
- Open steam account and hover on view in the upper left corner.
- Open settings and click on the interface in settings.
- You can see a box Display Steam URL address when available, check it and save the settings.
- Close settings and open your profile in steam and the number at the end of your steam profiles link is your steam ID.
Talking about the app ID, you manually have to find it in steams database.
I hope now you can find your steam ID and app ID as well. Let’s move forward-
To find your screenshots in your drive-
- Move to the path C:\ Program files (x86)\ Steam \ userdata \ SteamID \ 760 \ remote \ app ID \ screenshots
- Enter your steam Id and app id as you have generated earlier.
- And you can see all your screenshots in the following path.
Note that, I have mentioned C drive in this method since steam installs in the C drive if your system by default. But, in case if you have changed the installation path of stem you just have to right-click on the steam icon (in desktop) and click on open file in location.
These are the two best methods by which you can easily find the screenshots you have taken while playing games no matter in your steam account or directly in your heart disk. I hope after applying these two methods you can find the steam screenshot folder.
Now let’s discuss how you can change the steam screenshot folder to anywhere you want-
Also Read: Fix steam content file locked.
How to change the steam screenshot folder location?
It is very simple to change the screenshot folder of your steam account. But before selecting a new one you have to delete the previous folder then only you can create your new destination.
To change it-
- First, you have to delete the remote folder from your hard disk. Go to this path C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ userdata \AccountID\760
- Now delete the remote storage folder.
- After that go to your command prompt and run it as an administrator.
- And type this command mklink /D “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\AccountID\760\remote” “D:\newfolder”
Here command in the first inverted comma is your previous screenshot storage and the next section will be your updated screenshots storage so you have to edit it according to your need.
Since I want a new folder in D drive as my screenshot storage I use that command. You can also copy the new files path.
How to take a screenshot while getting in steam?
Now, let’s discuss how you can actually take a screenshot while you play games on your PC.
The games which are installed in steam account-
If your game is installed in steam you can easily do it. uses of to press F12 key when you need to take a screenshot and steam is automatically gonna take a screenshot of your gameplay.
Those games which are not in steam:
The real problem occurs when you have to take a screenshot of a game that is not in your steam account. But don’t worry today I am going to give you solutions to this problem.
So to take screenshots first try pressing F12 key but since it’s not in your steam account so there are possibilities that it will not work but.
Then you have to change the overlay options of the game by renaming it to make it compatible with steam.
After renaming it take a screenshot of that game. It will create a new remote folder consists of all your screenshots.
Now just copy them and paste in the real steam folder where all the screenshots exist. That’s it to take a screenshot in steam.
Also Read: Fix: Windows 10 update stuck.
Where are the screenshots saved?
The screenshots are saved in this path C:\ Program files (x86)\ Steam\userdata\SteamID\760\ remote\app ID\screenshots.
You can simply check them from your steam account or directly from your hard drive. Follow the two methods I have discussed earlier and you know how you can access them.
I hope you can find the answer to your question where steam screenshots are saved now.
I hope after reading this post your doubts will be clear regarding how you can find the steam screenshot folder and you can also successful in moving screenshots to a new folder.
That’s it for today, see you in the next post, tada:)